Careers at Demiurge
Demiurge Studios is an independent game developer, located near Boston. We develop high-profile games with next-generation tools and old-fashioned creativity! We craft original titles, as well as work with industry-leading game developers and publishers. Come join us!
Our office is in the heart of Cambridge, directly on the subway line for easy commuting. We maintain a creative, energetic atmosphere where individual input matters. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and sane working hours. What more could you ask for?
If you think you're a good fit, send inquiries to email@example.com
Senior UI Artist
Demiurge Studios is seeking a talented artist with a passion for user interface design. This person should be an innovative UI visionary with a wide range of artistic and stylistic abilities. You will drive the interface design for multiple game titles and have an impact on every project in the studio. If you care about the user’s experience from the very first splash screen all the way through the ending credits…then we’d love to talk with you!
- Design & create static and animated user interfaces for video games to be shipped on the 360, PS3, PC and iOS platforms
- Execute UI design with a keen eye for detail at all levels - attend to the overarching screen-to-screen UI placement as well as the border treatment in an achievement icon
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members to solve UI challenges
- Quickly mockup & communicate design intents in a fast paced, highly iterative development environment
- Accurately estimate your work and expected development times while making smart tradeoffs between quality and pace
- 4+ years of professional experience designing interfaces for games
- Expert user of industry standard tools including Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
- Experience designing screen flows for console, PC and/or iOS titles
- A thorough understanding of visual and textual communication principles
- Comfortable giving and receiving work critiques in open sessions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for creating high quality user experiences in a team setting
Preference to applicants with:
- Experience developing Flash interfaces rendered by Scaleform
- Credit on titles shipped for the 360 or PS3 and localized for EFIGS
- Experience developing a title using the Unreal Engine
- A degree in fine art or graphic design
- Experience creating marketing materials or developing brands
- Outside interests!
Please send a resume and a portfolio (cd/dvd/website) for consideration. Please include the URL for your website on your resume.
DVDs may be sent to Demiurge Studios, 130 Prospect St, Suite 1, Cambridge MA 02139.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org