Careers at Demiurge
Demiurge Studios is an independent game developer, located near Boston. We develop high-profile games with next-generation tools and old-fashioned creativity! We craft original titles, as well as work with industry-leading game developers and publishers. Come join us!
Our office is in the heart of Cambridge, directly on the subway line for easy commuting. We maintain a creative, energetic atmosphere where individual input matters. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and sane working hours. What more could you ask for?
If you think you're a good fit, send inquiries to email@example.com
Server-Side Software Engineer
Demiurge Studios is seeking a server-side software engineer to join our game development team! In this position you’ll create gameplay services and tools that make life more fun for players as well as the development staff. First & foremost, you’ll work directly with designers, artists and engineers to create online gameplay features for gamers. These services connect people together from around the world, mediate multiplayer game sessions, collect real-time gameplay statistics, and deliver digital purchases. You’ll also be in charge of extending our web-based tools which help the production & design staff manage game datasets more effectively in fast-paced development environment.
- Develop server-side technology to facilitate and mediate gameplay
- Create your vision for connected gameplay as exciting new devices and technologies become available in the videogame industry
- Develop and maintain web-based tools for the game development team
- Stay abreast of the latest online technologies and anything else that might be possible in “The Cloud” (cue eerie music)
- Videogames, videogames, videogames!!
- 3+ years of experience in web development
- Database development experience with SQL
- Previous experience architecting APIs with JSON
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Reliable scheduling and project management ability
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or related field (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Eligible to work in United States
- A passion for video games!
Preference to candidates with:
- Prior C/C++ programming experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Able and interested in carrying online features all the way through to the client side
- Experience with applications that run on iOS, Andriod, PC, Xbox 360, or the PS3
- Previous professional or hobby game development experience
Please email your cover letter, resume and a code sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking for outstanding engineers to join our team! If you have a passion for gameplay, physics, networking, tools and/or graphics we’d love to hear from you. As an engineer at Demiurge Studios you’ll work with other engineers, artists and designers to deliver innovative games for the PC, Android and iOS devices. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supported…come join us!
- Work closely with art and design to understand and define game features and system requirements
- Author technical design documents for the team which specify what will be developed and how
- Provide time estimates and development plans for feature development
- Implement, test, debug and maintain source code
- Provide ongoing support to art and design
- Track your development progress and keep production management well-informed
- Think creatively and work proactively to solve any blocking issues for yourself and your teammates
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification
- Review the work of other engineers and provide constructive guidance in a highly collaborative environment
- Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace.
- 2+ years game industry experience
- Strong C++ programming and software architecture skills
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Engineering credits on one or more shipped titles for iOS, Android, PC, Xbox or PlayStation
- Experience developing software for one or more of the following systems: Physics, Animation, Graphics, Networking, Gameplay, AI, UI, Audio
- A strong background in 3D math, trigonometry and linear algebra
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Has an interest in good software engineering practices and maintaining code quality
- Self motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal supervision
- Has a passion for games and plays them regularly
- Must be eligible to work in United States
- Has outside interests!
- Experience coding core engine systems (memory management, event handlers, I/O, etc.)
- Experience setting up automated build systems and unit test frameworks.
- Shipped a PSN or XBLA title
- Comfortable working in PC, Linux and Cygwin environments
- Experience developing games using agile methodologies
Please email your cover letter, resume and a code sample (C++ preferred) to: email@example.com